Developed Features CentiLeo 0.46TODO list
Out-of-core geometry (even hundreds million polygons) with GPU acceleration
Out-of-core and out-of-RAM textures with GPU acceleration
Adaptive displacement mapping
Noise aware adaptive path tracing
Fast adaptive rendering with many light sources in the scene. 10 or 100 doesn't matter
Instancing of geometry
Fast support of dynamic scenes and interactive modeling
Flexible shader infrastructure and currently implemented shaders of file texture, procedural noise, binary math, falloff, triplanar projection, color correction, blend, const, HDRI (only for environment maps). More to come soon.
Powerful Standard CentiLeo Material with 2 reflection lobes (potentially anisotropic), diffuse, transmission, 3 SSS and Multi Material container.
Light sources with assignment to different layers of materials (visible to reflection, diffuse, and color scales for them).
AOVs/Render passes infrastructure to generate them all in parallel.
- Light pass blender AOV which allows to post process the combination of light passes without re-render.
- Beauty pass blender AOV which allows to post process the combination of reflections, diffuse and transmission without re-render.
- Arbitrary output image resolution (as soon as it fits to CPU RAM).
- Fully interactive 3ds Max plugin which reacts to user modeling activity in 3ds Max while the image is rendered.
- Fully interactive Cinema 4D plugin which reacts to user modeling activity in Cinema 4D while the image is rendered.
- Interactive mode in 3ds Max and Cinema supports reaction to mesh edits, objects motion, shading, lighting and camera motion of course.
- Up to 30 total ray bounces and up to 10 diffuse ray bounces.
- Up to 16K textures.
- Windows, 3ds Max and Cinema only.
- NVIDIA only GPUs with compute capability 2.0 and higher and at least 2 GBs of device memory (we recommend 3 and more GB of memory).
- In process: Multi-GPU support (working on it now).
- In process: Support interactive ForestPack/RailClone and MultiScatter
- Improve displacement mapping
- Hair & Fur
- Motion blur
- Shaders carpaint & dirt
- More camera and post-processing features
- Mesh lights
- Support different particle engines
- Need converters from native host app materials.
- Lessons & Tutorials
- Deeper integration into 3ds Max and Cinema 4D
- Other OS support.