Finally we are releasing the 0.58 update of CentiLeo for Cinema 4D R16-R20. It was a very complex development with a lot of changes and novel methods. We have got 2x - 10x rendering speedup. The render speed is always at least 2x better than before and depending on the lighting complexity the speedup is even higher. See below!
Some polishing and issue fixing still should be done but results are already very cool!
Updates for 3ds Max and C4D R21 should come after the week.
Change Log: cntlc4d 0.580 alpha (2019 September 23) [core] Rendering speedup from 2x to up to 10x:
- Render iterations are around 2x faster almost always (base speedup);
- Render iterations become smarter and reduce the noise better for global illumination, in some cases it is required 2-4x less iterations to get same noise level as before. These improvements are best visible for interiors and night scenes especially for regions with dominated global illumination and lack of direct lighting. This improvement work for all area lights, mesh lights and environment HDRI with portals.
- Mesh lights with complex shapes (more than few polygons) generate 3-4x less noise than before.
- The new algorithm should be always better and more robust than the previous one (less noise per iteration and faster iteration time).
- And there is no cache, no blur, no yet denoiser, no aditional settings, no additional memory consumption
Known issues to be solved (temporarily broken features) - Dirt shader;
- Absorption property of material;
- Directional/infinite light source;
- Adaptive noise-based image rendering (where pixels are no longer rendered when specified noise level is reached).
Please, test it on you setup and share your renders!
First one: grey interior, 1920 x 1080, HDRI + portals and spot lights inside. 4 iterations (256 samples per pixel).
Noise in dark GI regions is reducing at much faster rate than before, and it is more uniform across the image.
Another test with interior. Indirectly lit area has noticeably less noise for the same number of render iterations. And iterations are 2x faster. However the spot light spread angle looks different due to changed falloff function.
Hi xxx, no yet, there is no yet round edges support yet. Will do this feature of course, but currently have priority to make R21+nodes, massive particles and AOVs.
Have you tested the last 0.58 version?
not yet but I will this weekend, I ws already impressed with the former release I've just tried on some renders but fore sure with round edges I could start to think this would be my major rendering software, for cad users it is a lifesaver feature, please do something about it
Hi Rodrigo, thanks for bugreport! Do you find any files in the Cinema 4D R20/plugins/CentiLeo/res/description folder? There should be cntl_tag_envmap.h, cntl_tag_envmap.res, cntl_tag_light.h, cntl_tag_light.res and etc. Basically .h and .res files for shaders, materials, tags and render setttings. Also there should be Cinema 4D R20/plugins/CentiLeo/res/strings_us/description folder containing .str files for shaders, tags and so on.
If you don't find such files in these folders, then try again copying them from downloaded CentiLeo RAR-archive. They are all in the folder CNTLC4D 0.580/C4D R20/plugins/CentiLeo which has CentiLeo.xdl and res/ subfolder. I have found some extra not needed files there from my tests. But all needed is there.
Also what language do you use in Cinema GUI? Non-English? However should work anyway.
Rodrigo Bitencourt Rodrigues, please test again, I have reaploaded the archive removing non needed resource test files (some even had some Russian symbols in the names). Tested in R20 - it was ok, all tags and render settings are in place.