Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1
Tonemapping wishes

Hi,

this thread is about wishes for the tonemapping in CentiLeo.

- Contrast: Is the "Contrast Shadows" here different from the normal Contrast?

- Curves: Nice to have!

- Luts: Hell yeah! Very important!

- Filmic Shadows: I use this function in every Archviz rendering! It makes the look so much better, Corona has this for example.

- Bloom & Glare: Very nice to have for Archviz stuff and for sure for any kind of projects.

- Sharpening: In CentiLeo we can set "Pixel filter size" in the settings from 1.25 to 1 or lower, but this is not the same, that will result in hard edges.
(Sharpen Amount, Sharpen radius and blur radius)

All these effects are possible in Photoshop (contrast and curves in the picture viewerI now), but to have all these additionally in CentiLeo to see everything directly in the renderingwould be so amazing.

Tonemapping in archviz vizualisations are so important for the perfect look. They can change so much. This is one of the reasons, why so much people are using Corona.

Looking forward to see all these functions in CentiLeo one day.

Administrator  Posts: 895
Apr 28, 2020 21:20
Hi vblackrender., I understand how much this is important because it's a problem to always go to Photoshop or something like that to do just basic things.
All of that is not very hard to do. Just need to select for good default Filmic Shadows formulas.
Our Contrast Shadows/Highlights is just the S - curve and these 2 parameters shift the curve top-bottom on both sides at 0.33 and 0.67 positions. Just a bit more contrast by default.

Only Glare implementation to my mind is quite hard (I mean fast/real-time glare). But maybe I haven't researche enough there yet.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

Our Contrast Shadows/Highlights is just the S - curve and these 2 parameters shift the curve top-bottom on both sides at 0.33 and 0.67 positions. Just a bit more contrast by default.

Always great to learn, how this kind of things are solved, behind the engine!

Only Glare implementation to my mind is quite hard (I mean fast/real-time glare). But maybe I haven't researche enough there yet.

That could be a longtime goal for future releases :)

Personally for myself, the others would have the most importance!
Pages: 1