Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1
Centileo feedbak [pBarrelas]

I created this topic in order to keep organized my feedback and founded bugs in one place.
I just installed it and fired up a sample scene to test it.
I'm going to keep increasing this list along with more testing.

I find the material system a bit counter intuitive but I have to play a bit more with it before giving a proper feedback.
The Render Settinhs are well layed out and simple to work with.

Missing features [0.42 Alpha]

-No Object Tag (compositing tag).
-No camera Film Offset support.
-Does´t take into account object visibility flags.
-No camera tag in order to control Post-Render settings per camera, Currently, we can only contril this globaly.

Bugs [0.42 Alpha]

-After creating a new material, the material preview doesn´t upd ate properly.
-The Environment Tag inverts the loaded textures. [Current solution: se t the scale to -1 on the Z axis (Sky Object)]

Wish List

-Pause/Resume button in IPR window.
-A switch button between Render Settings resolution and a smaller custom resolution that respect the resolution ration, for fast testing.
-Faster material previews.
-Override material in render settings.
-Fast architectural glass to speedup calculations on window panes.
-A control to render the Productions Iterations through time. This we can chose to render up to a certain iterations number or time.
-Picture Viewer feedback of the current image pass (iteration).
-Please modify the SH (from shader) to Tex on the material editor. It´s more intuitive.
Edited: pBarrelas - Aug 27, 2016 14:29

Administrator  Posts: 895
Aug 27, 2016 13:58
Hi Paulo, thanks for response! I have replied to PM too btw.

pBarrelas wrote:
-No Object Tag (compositing tag).
-No camera Film Offset support.
-Does´t take into account object visibility flags.
-No camera tag in order to control Post-Render settings per camera, Currently, we can only contril this globaly.
These drawbacks go to the todo list. What this object tag has to do? There are so many opportunities to place there like making priorities for material inheritance in the hierarchy of objects and placing priority for different displacement shaders attached to instances of one only object.

As I understand the Film Offset is a more general trapezium in world space used for camera instead of rectangle?

pBarrelas wrote:
-After creating a new material, the material preview doesn´t update properly.
Do you mean that it's black when IPR not working? I know about it and need to fix some things to make previews always working regardless of IPR.
Or is there some other problem?
pBarrelas wrote:
-Pause/Resume button in IPR window.
-A switch button between Render Settings resolution and a smaller custom resolution that respect the resolution ration, for fast testing.
-Faster material previews.
-Override material in render settings.
-Fast architectural glass to speedup calculations on window panes.
-A control to render the Productions Iterations through time. This we can chose to render up to a certain iterations number or time.
-Picture Viewer feedback of the current image pass (iteration).
1) Ok
2) Do you need separate resolution control to be enabled in IPR?
3) Not fast enough? We made it lower quality than in Octane and Corona, but faster. Maybe there is some bug, lag, need to see.
4) Ok
5) We have it if Transparency roughness = 0. It basically works as is: the rays starting from the camera to the first diffuse hit are refracted, and then they work with IOR = 1 (no refraction).
6) There is control of production render iterations (see page 9 in user manual). However it works for everything: for render region, viewport and picture viewer. Probably need to separate these controls. Also there probably need to make time limit as alternative to the number of iterations. And I think there can be confusing thing with "number of iterations" vs "number of samples/pixel" which may differ for given number of iterations and different resolutions. Need to clarify this.
7) Do you want to have an informational status bar on Picture Viewer? There is currently just a small stupid green progress line. Also need to make a status bar for scene loading process.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

Hi Kirill,

Thanks for the reply.

-The Object Tag has to do with controling the participation of that object in a scene at a deper level.
With the Object Tag you should control things like:
  • Direct Object Visibility (visible to camera)
  • Visible in Reflections
  • Visible in Transmition
  • Cast Shadows
  • Receive shadows
  • Motion Blur participation
  • Seen by GI
  • Visibility on Masks
  • Object ID (once Object/Material IDs gets implemented)
-The Film Offset that we have on the default camera, is what the tiltshift lenses do for architectural photography. Just play with it and you´ll see an instant feedback in the viewport.

-The material preview doesn´t always work. It stays black and doesn't give feedback no matter which parameters you´re playing with. And I´m feeling it a bit slow when it does work.

-A seperat resolution control on the IPR window would be welcomed. This would speed tests without having to change the general resolution.

-The Production Render Iterations is the main quality control where the higher the number, the better the quality. I´d like to have a control where you could specify for how long you want the image to render (10mins, 30mins, etc....)

-Yes, the green bar although helpull to see the current status, having some sort of information saying "Rendering iteration 357..." or a percentage would be helpful.

-I´d personally perfer to Tex instead of SH (shader), on the material editor. It makes a bit more intuitive.
Edited: pBarrelas - Aug 27, 2016 14:34

Aug 27, 2016 15:45
Ok, this is all can be done.

As for Tex vs Shader - that's inheritance from common parts with plugin for Max.
pBarrelas wrote:
-The material preview doesn´t always work. It stays black and doesn't give feedback no matter which parameters you´re playing with. And I´m feeling it a bit slow when it does work.
Well I know that it is sometimes black (when IPR is not working). If you start IPR then it should update with pictures. It will be fixed. There are also no previews for some kinds of shaders like binary, falloff, blend. Will need to accelerate it too. So, it doesn't allow to move sliders smoothly as usual? I think it's image buffer priniting operation, will look deeper.

A feature that I'd like very much to be implemented would be the use of a biased mode, like Redshift.

Aug 28, 2016 21:37
We will introduce certain optimizations to the core that increase convergence. There very promising results in our research tests.
Right now will not make somebody more nervous about this because we undergo hundreds attacks everyday on this site since publishing alpha for Max. Need to see how to backup the site just for any case.

Hello,
I recently started exploring Centileo c4d version. It seems very promising render.
I have some doubts,
How about getting object buffer (object masks) while rendering?
How to get material id/ object pass?
The AOV pass is really limited, need GI,depth, motion vector, object and material id passes.

May 16, 2020 11:12
Hi purush thaman, welcome here! I know it's a problem without stadard AOVs. They are important and will be implemented, not a big deal. But currently very busy with other tasks, like multi-instances, particles and bugfixes. Let's move to a new AOV titled topic without mixing with an old one?
Pages: 1