Features for 3ds Max plugin
This list is not yet complete and is very brief.
- Out-of-core geometry (even hundreds million polygons) with GPU acceleration
- Out-of-core instancing, particles. Huge amounts of particle data may not fit into GPU memory sometimes, but CentiLeo can render this
- Nested out-of-core technology that allows to render out-of-core amount of particles which may reference out-of-core geometry meshes
- Direct TyFlow support (instancing and particle attributes)
- Out-of-core and out-of-RAM textures with GPU acceleration
- Fast support of dynamic scenes compilation for many objects in parallel on GPU (suitable for interactive modeling)
- Motion blur (2 steps deformation and up to 32 steps transformation blur).
- Adaptive high-quality and fast scalar displacement mapping (which supports the full flexibility of shader networks, noise textures, etc).
Render Speed and Noise
- Scalable multi-GPU support (up to 16 GPUs).
Noise aware adaptive unbiased path tracing
Fast noise reduction for glass
Fast noise reduction for multi-layer materials
Fast ray traced Subsurface Scattering
Fast adaptive rendering with many light sources in the scene. 10 or 100 lights - similar render speed.
Fast noise reduction for Mesh Lights with complex shape
- Two rendering kernels Bulldozer (good for complex lighting) and Motobike (good for simple lighting)
- less noise for global illumination in shadow regions
- much faster illumination rendering coming from mesh lights of arbitrary shape
Materials and Shaders
- Powerful CentiLeo Material with 2 reflection lobes (also anisotropic), diffuse, translucency, transmission, ray traced SSS, alpha, bump, emission support.
Light sources with assignment to different layers of materials (visible to reflection, diffuse, and color scales for them).
Flexible Shadow Catcher material option with shadow strength controls per light source.
Shader nodes: bitmap, noise, pattern, procedural flakes and scratches, UVW projection / UVW transformation / UVW distortion, triplanar, randomizer, ramp, dirt, falloff, math, layer, color correction, curve map, remap, surface wire, surface side, constant.
- 3ds Max Multi Sub-Obj material is supported
- Hundreds of bytes of attributes per vertex, e.g. up to 20 UVW Map Channels supported per mesh and accessible in CentiLeo Bitmap and CentiLeo UVW Projection shader nodes
- Support vertex painting channels: Vertex Color, Illum, Alpha
- Support Conversion from 50+ materials/texture maps of 3ds Max native general shaders and Corona, Fstorm renderers
AOVs (render passes)
- AOVs/Render passes are rendered all at one render job.
- 8 light groups allowing to change lighting in post.
Light pass blender AOV which allows to post process the combination of light passes without re-render.
Beauty pass blender AOV which allows to post process the combination of reflections, diffuse and transmission without re-render.
Arbitrary output image resolution (as soon as it fits to CPU RAM).
- Interactive Preview Render (IPR) mode supports reaction to mesh edits, objects motion, shading, lighting and camera changes in real-time.
- IPR also has optional FIN GEO mode which implements Final Render scene state inside IPR with options to change material and camera settings.