Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1
Is 4K rendered faster with fewer iterations somehow?

I had been rendering all my scenes for a video in 1080p with 32 iterations, and that is what it always took to get a good clear render.
However, I just needed one final frame for a still shot and decided to do 4K with 32 iterations as well so that I could use a 3D camera in After Effects to zoom and pan and crop the shot.
It seemed like it was fully rendered in just a few iterations, and even though I let it go all the way to 32--which took like 10 minutes--it did not seem to get any clearer.

Is 4K rendered faster with fewer iterations in the new centileo? Or is this just a fluke with this one scene.

EDIT:
Maybe it is just this one scene, which is fairly less displacement heavy and not much lighting as my other scenes.
Edited: ssjenforcer - Jan 26, 2023 23:34

Administrator  Posts: 895
Jan 30, 2023 19:46
ssjenforcer wrote:
It seemed like it was fully rendered in just a few iterations, and even though I let it go all the way to 32--which took like 10 minutes--it did not seem to get any clearer.
Sometimes 32 iteratios are not needed, sometimes the lighting is very simple and some low amount of iterations make it ready in fact. But "not getting clearer"... how do you compare?
New version will get Nvidia OptiX denoiser that can be changed in post production settings for PV and IPR, very usefull thing.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

Kirgman wrote:
ssjenforcer wrote:
Sometimes 32 iteratios are not needed, sometimes the lighting is very simple and some low amount of iterations make it ready in fact. But "not getting clearer"... how do you compare?
New version will get Nvidia OptiX denoiser that can be changed in post production settings for PV and IPR, very usefull thing.
I just meant that only after a few iterations it was rendered perfectly clear and resolved and could not be any better (no changes, no more noise to remove) with the remaining iterations.
but it's probably that my other scenes had much more displacement to be resolved until the final iterations.

Administrator  Posts: 895
Feb 2, 2023 19:12
Certainly 32 iterations (2048 samples per pixel) are not always needed. That's why some experiment on user side is needed. With denoiser that can be modified in IPR in post effects settings this is even simpler (to be released in 0.66). But further we want to make an automatic render stop for regions that are already resolved, we will do this in some near future.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat
Pages: 1