Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1
help i dont understand anything D:

so ummm im still new to 3D animation in general, and basicly ,i cant find anywhere in the texture settings to add images, so uh can someone like tell me how to add images so the textures arent only a color pls :D?

Administrator  Posts: 895
Aug 22, 2022 05:56
Hi Transfangames,
It's pretty easy and is the same process to how it's done using native Cinema 4D materials. But instead you use CentiLeo materials.

In case you use old menu based CentiLeo material interface:
You simply create CentiLeo material, then you go to Diffuse slot and to the Color slot and click the black&white checker button and select "Create new Bitmap" among other shaders. For Bitmap you choose the image from your files.

In case you use node based material interface you have to select CentiLeo as a renderer in Cinema render settings or choose CentiLeo node space.
Next you create Node material (CentiLeo material will be created). Then you open node editor for this material. Using the menu for textures you can create the CentiLeo Bitmap node, choose the file for this node, and then connect the output of this node to the Material Diffuse Color slot. Alternativelly you can drag&drop your image to the node editor and CentiLeo Bitmap will be auto created, then just connect it.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

thanks this is what i needed

Transfangames wrote:
thanks this is what i needed
the node system is very useful for creating materials with surface imperfections.
you can find tutorials from channels on YouTube like Greyscalegorilla.
The imperfections are key to making something look realistic.
it's basically putting a black and white image into the roughness node and/or an image into the bump and/or displacement channels.
Then your objects will have the look of smudges or bumpiness as if they were not simply a smooth surface.

Hint: almost everything should have some form of surface imperfection if you have the time, at least things in the foreground.

Also, there is a node called Projection Node, as well as a Transform Node, which you would need to connect to your image nodes to scale up or down the image so it looks the way you want.
I would watch some node tutorials.
Centileo is pretty similar to Redshift or Octane render engines, and there are plenty of videos about those.
Edited: ssjenforcer - Aug 23, 2022 17:54
Pages: 1