Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1
CentiLeo for Cinema 4D 0.530 available (corrected and accelerated SSS, GGX, faster glass, improved GI Clamp)

Administrator  Posts: 894
Nov 20, 2017 19:25
Hello everyone!

Available CentiLeo 0.53 for Cinema 4D R16-R19!
We have updated CentiLeo material system completely. The GUI and settings remain the same but the models of reflections, refractions, SSS, absorptions have all been updated to improve the quality and paramter response.
E.g. SSS have become correct and 10x faster (not a big deal because it was very slow before). But now it looks like diffuse if subsurdace scatter radius = 0 and shows logical behavior when increase the radiuses and combine the channels.
We have also intelligently killed the fireflies that could be seen through several glossy-glossy surface reflections using much smarter new GI Clamp algorithm.

Download link: http://centileo.com/forum/forum18/135-download-link-centileo-for-cinema-4d-v0530-alpha

Change Log: cntlc4d 0.530 alpha (2017 November 20)
[core] Subsurface Scattering is correct now and has 10x faster noise reduction due to improved maths. The speed of SSS is close to diffuse. Same as before it is based on 3 layers.
[core] GGX anisotropic reflections and refractions. Better looking highlights and fast. Some old scenes with rough reflections may seem to render slower 5-10%, but this is due to different look and changed highlights, the speed isn’t really degraded.
[core] Faster (less noisy) rough glass and shadows under rough glass due to better maths.
[core] Fixed Absorption parameters. They now affect transmissive and translucent objects and also their shadows.
[core] Improved quality of GI Clamp params. They now preserve glossy highlights better and kill the hotspots a lot smarter while keeping the highlights. Default GI Clamp values of 10 are very good if final post production image exposure is 0.
[core] Added “Expected Exposure” parameter that should be similar to the post production planned exposure. This is useful in cases when the lighting is very low in the scene and then user compensates it increasing the post exposure. In this case to make GI Clamp params and noise detector more efficient just set Expected Exposure similar to Post Exposure (+-1). Efficiently tuned GI Clamp and Noise detector may accelerate image rendering.

Known issues to be solved
- May not initialize if AMD GPU is in your computer together with NVIDIA GPU.
- Very limited scene converter tool from Cinema 4D native materials (only diffuse color and texture are converted and translated if assigned to the object)
- May not support non-latin texture paths.

Important note
We are currently using JUCE library (https://juce.com/) for IPR GUI under Personal license (which is free) for initial testing purpose. In IPR window it will show in the right bottom corner a splash screen for the first start and it dissapears in few sec. It may also connect to Google Analytics to collect end-user stats. Juce guys claim this is nothing bad but stats collection so they know who is using them. However, the plugin works perfectly without any Internet connection.
If everything works well on main technical side then we will buy the full license of JUCE and get rid of these small issues.

GPU Drivers
Please, install modern NVIDIA display drivers. E.g. at least 372.70 or one of the newest.

Adjust GPU Rendering Low-priority settings
Can be found in CentiLeo Renderer Settings -> Hardware Settings.
Low-priority flags are ON by default in IPR mode for ALL GPUs. For fluent work in IPR mode it’s HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to keep enabled “low-priority” setting for DISPLAY GPU and switch if OFF for other render GPUs which are not connected to the monitor. Low-priority option is useful for display GPU because it is used to display the elements and models of 3D Viewport and OS.
If you have many GPUs in one computer then Display GPU can be excluded from IPR render to have less competition between Viewport and CentiLeo for Display GPU, this can improve the system feedback overall.

Pls, make the tests and send us feedback!
Kirgman
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

two problem in r19 :
Lod doesn't work in both ipr and pic viewer ( current level not change ) .
new Polygon Reduction doesn't show up in IPR only in pic viewer .

and some test :
skull 2 c 1.png (1.24 Mb)
skull 2 c.png (4.93 Mb)
skull 2 c 3.png (1.25 Mb)
skull 2 c 2.png (1.26 Mb)

Nov 24, 2017 15:04
Aimar NL_21 wrote:
Lod doesn't work in both ipr and pic viewer ( current level not change ) .
new Polygon Reduction doesn't show up in IPR only in pic viewer .
Hi Aimar!
Pls, can you describe what these features should do inside the renderer? I never used them, probably it's the limitation of C4D but maybe we may overcome it.
CentiLeo IPR behaves like PV if you enable FIN GEO btw (but supports only material and camera updates).

ok i install Arnold and work without any issue .

about Lod if i change camera distance ( screen size H) object change from Full object to concex Hull but in centileo ( Ipr , pv ) nothing change .

new Polygon Reduction just reduce Polygon count and preserve uv and 3d boundaries
LOD 1.jpg (380.99 Kb)
LOD 2.jpg (267.59 Kb)

Nov 27, 2017 07:12
Aimar NL_21 wrote:
ok i install Arnold and work without any issue .

about Lod if i change camera distance ( screen size H) object change from Full object to concex Hull but in centileo ( Ipr , pv ) nothing change .

new Polygon Reduction just reduce Polygon count and preserve uv and 3d boundaries
1) I have fixed the issue with Polygon Reduction.
2) But not yet fixed the issue with a LOD. C4D produces several LOD-objects and doesn't provide which one we should be displayed and this is unclear when we have object hierarchies under LOD. Actually this LOD trick is not needed in a renderer based on ray tracing (the LOD will save nothing because ray tracers are logarithmic depending on geometry complexity). But it's needed for rasterization based renderer inside C4D viewport. Will investigate this issue in some future to find a way for proper LOD selection for renderer.

Polygon Reduction and few other fixes will be uploaded soon. Just need to fix some problem for transmissive inside transmissive object with absorption thing (when we model a liquid inside glass).
Pages: 1