CentiLeo 0.52 for 3ds Max 2014-2017 is available! At this time we have implemented Motion Blur! It can be played in IPR mode with all the things movable and autodetected interactively. Very fast convergence and good memory efficiency. Also we have improved Depth of Field noise reduction (it's faster now). Very usefull FIN GEO mode is added to IPR which renders the same scene as Production Render (and supports changing shading and lighting). However the most time in this version development was spent on bugfixing that were living since 0.48 but were less evident before.
Change Log: cntlmax 0.521 alpha (2017 October 10)
[cntlmax] Support 3ds Max 2018
[core] Fixed crash bug when mesh has UV channel #2 and no UV channel #1
Change Log: cntlmax 0.520 alpha (2017 October 6)
[core] Motion Blur (MB) support with up to 32 object transformation keys and deformation motion blur (2 keys only).
- Fast noise reduction.
- Supported in IPR with enabled auto detector for scene changes (with up to 4 transformation keys).
- There is no slowdown in scenes without motion blur.
- When deformation MB is enabled memory consumption adds 40% of dynamic scene objects. And our out-of-core tech may help here.
- MB settings are in Camera Rollout of Render Settings (and are global for the scene).
- Toggling MB enable and deformation enable flags, and FPS will reload the scene.
- Changing scene time (or frame) in IPR with auto detection will reload only changed objects.
[core] Depth of Field - much faster noise reduction.
[core] Fixed a lot of bugs that could cause rare random crashes (due to complex parallel thread processing here and there).
[IPR] Added “FIN GEO” mode which means (Final Geometry).
- This mode enables Production render scene evaluation inside IPR window.
- Motion Blur has up to 32 motion keys (if enabled by user)
- E.g. subdivision objects are tessellated with Renderer num steps (not Editor steps).
- When FIN GEO is enabled then scene changes auto detection is off, but camera, light sources and material changes are quickly detected in CentiLeo for this mode.
- This mode is good to modify shading when geometry is ready.
- Displacement mapping feature is deactivated due to large code changes overall. This feature will be recovered within the next few short CentiLeo updates.
- May not initialize if AMD GPU is in your computer together with NVIDIA GPU.
- Very limited scene converter tool from Cinema 4D native materials (only diffuse color and texture are converted and translated if assigned to the object)
- May not support non-latin texture paths.
We are currently using JUCE library (
If everything works well on main technical side then we will buy the full license of JUCE and get rid of these small issues.
Please test it and give us feedback to discover further improvements!