Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1
Render issues using Jiggle Deformer (no deformation)

Is this a bug with the renderer?
I cannot get my jiggle deformer animations to render at all. The object is just stiff even though the viewport clearly shows it working.

I tried using vertex map as well as wind, but neither seems to give me any results.
Not even basic jiggle deformation with simple moving animations with an editable object.

I also tried using another render engine (3Delight) and it works with that.
Is this something easily fixed? Is there a setting I need to change for render? I have not touched much of the defaults since I got most things working I like.
Edited: ssjenforcer - Feb 2, 2022 00:55

Administrator  Posts: 896
Feb 2, 2022 04:07
Auto Scene updates are off in the IPR in your screen shot. Also you may manualy update the scene for IPR. Click the buttone with bend arrows in IPR
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

Feb 2, 2022 19:22
ssjenforcer, I have detected the issue with Jiggle. So it doesn't work in our case in IPR because CentiLeo is doing asynchronous scene evaluation for IPR in a background thread. I have made it for a good reason: to improve the smoothness of modeling and interactive rendering with asynchronous loads. It deals with a scene copy and Cinema 4D has a bug there in some simulation cases. I can get rid of the issue on CentiLeo side if I replace the asynchronous scene evaluation with synchronous, and all the modeling edits will launch as expected but the GUI can have some interruptes in "Auto Scene Update" IPR mode during modeling.
To avoid the issues just in the existing version you can cache the simulation of Jiggle deformer. Just go to the Cache Tab and click "Calculate" there. It will compute all the coordinates for all frames upfront. And next after it these cached coordinates of resulting object will run smoothly with currenct CentiLeo approach.
Actually I was talking once with a simulation plugin developer and he recommended to always use simulation caching during rendering to avoid all sorts of issues, there could be some others too.

Kirgman wrote:
ssjenforcer , I have detected the issue with Jiggle. So it doesn't work in our case in IPR because CentiLeo is doing asynchronous scene evaluation for IPR in a background thread. I have made it for a good reason: to improve the smoothness of modeling and interactive rendering with asynchronous loads. It deals with a scene copy and Cinema 4D has a bug there in some simulation cases. I can get rid of the issue on CentiLeo side if I replace the asynchronous scene evaluation with synchronous, and all the modeling edits will launch as expected but the GUI can have some interruptes in "Auto Scene Update" IPR mode during modeling.
To avoid the issues just in the existing version you can cache the simulation of Jiggle deformer. Just go to the Cache Tab and click "Calculate" there. It will compute all the coordinates for all frames upfront. And next after it these cached coordinates of resulting object will run smoothly with currenct CentiLeo approach.
Actually I was talking once with a simulation plugin developer and he recommended to always use simulation caching during rendering to avoid all sorts of issues, there could be some others too.
ok, I will try this.
I also tried rendering a frame to confirm it wasn't working. And a rendered frame also had no Jiggle deformation. But I will try again and see.

Feb 2, 2022 21:32
ssjenforcer wrote:
I also tried rendering a frame to confirm it wasn't working. And a rendered frame also had no Jiggle deformation
That's probably because you need to render frame by frame from beginning. Not a selected frame. But just use cached simulation, that works well and it's the only solution for deformation motion blur

Kirgman wrote:
ssjenforcer wrote:
I also tried rendering a frame to confirm it wasn't working. And a rendered frame also had no Jiggle deformation
That's probably because you need to render frame by frame from beginning. Not a selected frame. But just use cached simulation, that works well and it's the only solution for deformation motion blur
Ok, calculate in the cache works. Thank you.
Pages: 1