Forums » Work in progress
Pages: 1 2 Next
Roadmap for CentiLeo 0.55-0.61

Administrator  Posts: 895
May 28, 2017 15:10
Roadmap update for 0.55-0.61 releases (approximatelly):

1) Displacement Mapping.

2) Mesh Lights.

3) Shaders/textures: more types of procedural noise, curve map, gradient, procedural UV mappings.

4) Fix some problems for scenes where CentiLeo is not so fast.

5) Node based visual editor for materials and shaders for CentiLeo in Cinema 4D.

6) More post-production settings and higher quality tonemapping.

7) Documentation update.

8) ForestPack, RailClone и MultiScatter for 3ds Max. Want to make it working well with IPR.

All these things may stretch for 7 releases 0.55-0.61. They are very important since they can influence to the rendering core engineering (I mean #1-4).
After that there will be a run on other easy-to-do features.
Edited: Kirgman - Dec 25, 2017 03:43 (Updated roadmap for 0.55-0.61)
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

any round corner feature in this roadmap? please ;)
not a chance to have a plugin for maya? that would be awesome!

Jul 3, 2019 19:50
Hi xxx man, yes round corner is in the plans, deeper plans. And Maya too! Hope to start doing Maya during 0.6x release versions

thank you Kirgman,
do you have any idea of when round corners will be available? and also for the maya tool? btw, there's no beta?
thank you!

Jul 5, 2019 08:20
I think not earlier than in 2020. For Maya too. For example right now round corners are not important compared to other things. In the currently developed 0.58 the GI and mesh lights have much less noise. A lot more robust noise situation for given samples count It will be released very soon. Then in 0.59 there will be node based GUI for Cinema (pretty short update). Then in 0.60 there will massive instancing (tens of millions of elements in scene) and hopefuly support for other particle/scatter plugins. And then all the rest, like more flexible AOVs, masks, cryptomattes, vertex attributes, etc. And then Maya!

yes i understand everybody need something different from the others. To be honest, i've just tried centileo and i have to say it is fantastic compared to other unbiased rendering engines, most of all the way to create materials, i don't know but for my workflow it is super cool. The only thing i miss is the round corners, it is a huge difference in terms of speed workflow if i have to create them in the geometry. i don't know what it involve for you to make that feature available in your software but it would be super super cool to implement it if you can.
for the maya tool, i understand it must be more complicated but it is just that i love working in maya compared to c4d ;)

Jul 8, 2019 11:15
Thanks :) I honestly think we also need Random-Walk SSS too for better precision compared to current ray-traced SSS which has few problems on geometry edges.
As for Maya version, I think the initial version with all basic things (not very deep) and IPR may take around 2 months based on our experience with Max and Cinema. And after that will continue never ending polishing :)
As for round corners - I can't estimate yet. Haven't digged deep into it. But if it would take few days then I may shift it for one of the next releases.
The 0.58 will come very soon (in development since January). The next other 3 releases will be short (around 1-1.5 months). Probably with round corners.

ok, very very nice, i may then switch totally for centileo;) i'm doing some tests now, i struggle a little bit cause i have to do it with c4d and i kinda hate the way to make the uvmapping in it but i will post some images soon, looks like this render engine kills.

Kirgman wrote:
I think not earlier than in 2020. For Maya too. For example right now round corners are not important compared to other things. In the currently developed 0.58 the GI and mesh lights have much less noise. A lot more robust noise situation for given samples count It will be released very soon. Then in 0.59 there will be node based GUI for Cinema (pretty short update). Then in 0.60 there will massive instancing (tens of millions of elements in scene) and hopefuly support for other particle/scatter plugins. And then all the rest, like more flexible AOVs, masks, cryptomattes, vertex attributes, etc. And then Maya!
First of all i would like to thank you guys for the development , keep up the great work :)

Secondly, are those features are only for cinem4D, does the 3dmax version have different features ?
What i did understand is that there are 2 version, one for 3dmaxc and the other for cinema4D, every one has different features than the other. am i correct ?

i hope that i see also a node based GUI for 3dmax, i hope that i see all the features that are in the cinema4D version also in 3dmax too :(

Jul 8, 2019 14:35
a1cat cato wrote:
Secondly, are those features are only for cinem4D, does the 3dmax version have different features ?
What i did understand is that there are 2 version, one for 3dmaxc and the other for cinema4D, every one has different features than the other. am i correct ?
The next release 0.58 will be both for 3ds Max and Cinema, the features will be syncrhonized 1:1. Only node-based GUI for Cinema will be done by 0.59. 3ds Max produce node GUI automatically for all kinds of 3rd party materials. But Cinema developers decided to hide this possibility and make node GUI only for own native materials, so we have to re-implement this basic bicycle.

Thanks guys for good wishes! Will do best for next release.

Kirgman wrote:
a1cat cato wrote:
The next release 0.58 will be both for 3ds Max and Cinema, the features will be syncrhonized 1:1. Only node-based GUI for Cinema will be done by 0.59. 3ds Max produce node GUI automatically for all kinds of 3rd party mate rials. But Cinema developers decided to hide this possibility and make node GUI only for own native mate rials, so we have to re-implement this basic bicycle.

Thanks guys for good wishes! Will do best for next release.

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

Awesome, thanks alot guys. I will be waiting for this version to test the new features

Hi guys , any updates ;) ..
Edited: a1cat cato - Aug 23, 2019 17:41

Aug 24, 2019 05:09
a1cat cato wrote:
Hi guys , any updates ..
Hi! Still working :), there is very good progress, but still need to increase GPU saturation with tasks, fix few broken features and then ready.

Awesome

Hi Kirgman, hope you're doin well.
any updates? Maya plugin? would be awesome!
round corners? would be super cool!

Nov 11, 2019 14:09
Hi xxx, currently fixing the last annoying bug introduced in 0.58. It's related to multi-light sampling. After that 0.58 for 3ds Max will be released. Then there will be a couple of fix-polish releases and documentation update. There will also be 0.59 cinema R21 support with nodes GUI. Then in 0.60 we will support a couple of popular particle/scatter engines + some other improvements. Then we need more AOVs + material converters. All these things are essentials for basic use. And we also want Maya. Will push it hard. We have a very good experience connecting a renderer with DCC, shouldn't be long to develop.

Kirgman wrote:
Hi xxx, currently fixing the last annoying bug introduced in 0.58. It's related to multi-light sampling. After that 0.58 for 3ds Max will be released. Then there will be a couple of fix-polish releases and documentation update. There will also be 0.59 cinema R21 support with nodes GUI. Then in 0.60 we will support a couple of popular particle/scatter engines + some other improvements. Then we need more AOVs + material converters. All these things are essentials for basic use. And we also want Maya. Will push it hard. We have a very good experience connecting a renderer with DCC, shouldn't be long to develop.
Great :D Thanks alot Kirgman :D , can't wait for the max version to test it though :cry: :cry:, but i know bug fixing is difficult :cry:.
a maya version, and with more AOV and material converter , really can't wait to test them ;)

A real big thanks to you , i wish you all the best, and that i can be of a help here in the future.
Best regards.
Edited: a1cat cato - Nov 11, 2019 18:17

Nov 12, 2019 06:08
a1cat cato,thanks a lot for support! :)

hi kirgman, centileo has a very stable behavior, futhermore it produces excellent renders. i didn't have the time to test the nodal function but the standard mat is working fine. can't wait to see more... thanks a lot for your great c4d plugin... have a nice day.
****Remib website****
**codingandscripting.fr**

Dec 4, 2019 18:24
Hi remi bouffort, and welcome to our forum! Thanks! I try to test as much as can remember but there are still several known bugs there. As for the nodal GUI - it's in development currently
Pages: 1 2 Next