Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1
UI improvement

LU
User  Posts: 17
Jan 27, 2024 08:00
I think the UI can be improved by this
firstly, I highly recommend that you can put the Menu inside the icon bar, so that we can increase the render region about 10%

Secondly, I do think the icons are too big which eat the limited room of render region, I suggest that you can decrease the size of icons by 25%, so that we can get more 10% space for render region. so plus my first suggestion, we can totally increase the render region to 20%.

Thirdly, sometimes I don't want to see any information about render, so do we have an option to hide them?

Finally, do we have viewport manipulations like what Octane does have. So that we can zoon in, zoom out, rotate and move objects just in Centileo render viewport without need maintain C4D viewport anymore. That is very convenient for everybody.

Administrator  Posts: 896
Jan 27, 2024 10:48
Please, can you post a screenshot of your interface how IPR menu icons correspond to the rest layout?
The icon size is adaptive and I have made them the same as in the Cinema itself and tested on various monitors.
As for Menu moving it's not possible, it's a default panel and I will add more options to this panel for materials and other items adding. I can move the icons to this top panel, probably loosing the icons and making them as text.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

LU
Jan 30, 2024 03:11
I hope this can help

I think for the menu, if it can not reposition, remove it maybe helpful because we already have menu in C4D menu.
Edited: LU - Jan 30, 2024 03:14

Administrator  Posts: 896
Jan 30, 2024 05:17
Thanks for suggestions!
However, Cinema 4D has some standard layouts. I can't remove the top line with "Menu". I can remove menu itself, but the top line will be there. Also I can't move it to the right. It's only possible to move the icons to the right of menu and this will look strange. Also it's possible to replace the icons with text and move them to the top line and it looks not cool.
In the future more other items will be added to the top line similar to Octane live viewer but with our options.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

LU
Jan 30, 2024 21:56
Hi Kirgman

Did you try this? C4D does have hiding the whole icon bar function by pressing "Ctrl+LMB" to the left 16 dots (see orange arrow). see the pictures below, I think this looks cool. There is also a way to hide the whole content by pressing "Ctrl+LMB" to the 3 lines icon.
Edited: LU - Jan 30, 2024 22:20

LU
Jan 30, 2024 22:26
in addition, pressing "Ctrl + Tab" will maximin the current viewport that is under the cursor, this way can hide all the icon bar and tabs and maximin the viewport. Mabe this is another good way to do .
Pages: 1