Forums » Work in progress
Pages: 1
Fire fly render

Messing with Centileo,
Edited: thrimanakatha - Apr 12, 2022 09:41

Administrator  Posts: 895
Apr 12, 2022 13:57
Hi thrimanakatha,
Nice cup, thanks for sharing! At first reading just a topic title I was thinking you wanted to report about the fireflies as part of render noise. But that's artistic thing.
Btw, have you done your light sources as mesh lights with emissive material or just with omni lights and spherical shape?
In case of real geometry + emissive material you may test on/off for importance sampling to get better speed. I think in this case it would be faster with importance sampling = off.
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

Added additional light inside the jar. Random colors to the fire flies.
In case of real geometry + emissive material you may test on/off for importance sampling to get better speed. I think in this case it would be faster with importance sampling = off.
(The fire flies are actual spheres cloned with emission material applied. The importance sampling was off by default. I didn't even bothered to check that. After reading your comment I turned it on and rendered, there is increase in render time.)

Apr 12, 2022 18:14
Yes, the enabled improtance sampling will certainly increase the render time but in many cases, especially when the light source shape is very complex geometry and it is has global lighting influence on the scene then it would generate much less noise but with more costly render iterations.

Hello author, I found the renderer you developed in China, I feel that the content is really good, I found that there is a lack of emissive material nodes, the rendering speed is not bad, how long do you need to update the emitting material nodes?

Tell me if you update, can you record another video tutorial, I will promote it for you in China, and the color mode hopes to add aces options.

Nov 1, 2022 12:02
liyulin wrote:
Hello author, I found the renderer you developed in China, I feel that the content is really good, I found that there is a lack of emissive material nodes, the rendering speed is not bad, how long do you need to update the emitting material nodes?
Hello and welcome here! I hope to launch the new release in days with much better render speed. Currently fixing a minor issue and writting a description.
Have you seen Emissive material node? It can be combined with any other reflective node using mixing material nodes. You may also tune the emissive color for various layers such as reflective, diffuse, direct or indirect lighting.
After that I will translate CentiLeo interface for C4D to Chinese, hope you will check it :)

我非常期待新产品的退出,也非常感谢大家对美术工作的贡献,森蒂略渲染器前途无量,振作起来。

Well, thank you for the introduction I have found the glow in the node, I would also like to consult, random distribution, renderer label recognition spline, atmosphere, volume, any new news

How can I invest in you in China and help you with your work?
Pages: 1