Forums » CentiLeo for Cinema 4D
Pages: 1 2 Next
CentiLeo for Cinema 4D 0.471 available (quality & materials improvement)

Administrator  Posts: 895
Dec 24, 2016 16:45
Hello everyone!

We did it for Catholic Christmas! Like a presen from Santa. 8)
Merry Christmas to those celebrating it today!

CentiLeo 0.47 alpha for Cinema 4D R16-R18 is available.

It has a lot of quality improvements. Post-processing contrast adds nice image feeling. While most work was spent for material behavior improvement and bugfixing. Really many things were polished in cntl std material.

Download here: http://centileo.com/forum/forum18/102-download-link-centileo-for-cinema-4d-v0470-alpha

Recommendation to increase render speed: http://centileo.com/forum/forum19/93-recomendation-to-increase-render-speed-and-reduce-lags

Download shaderball: http://centileo.com/bitrix/components/bitrix/forum.interface/show_file.php?fid=326&action=download

User manual updated fro 0.44: User Manual - cntlc4d-0.44alpha_en.pdf

Change Log: cntlc4d 0.471 alpha (2016 Dec 31)

[core] Improved render speed for scenes with many lights and rough reflections
[core] Improved render speed for bump mapping on polished surfaces (with roughness close to zero)
[core] Fixed fireflies in few situtations

Change Log: cntlc4d 0.470 alpha (2016 Dec 24)

[core] Added post-processing contrast setting. 0.5 by default, it makes the image more realistic
[core] cntlStdMaterial: glossyness usage as alternative to roughness (if checked then roughness is replaced with glossyness and treated accordingly).
[core] cntlStdMaterial: weight*color mixing mode similar to other engines
[core] cntlFalloff: parallel falloff mode
[core] Faster many-bounce internal reflections inside complex glass object.
[core] Roughness remapping. Now all the range 0..1 is more interesting unlike before when most interesting values were close to zero.
[core] Many bugfixes for material behavior when roughness is changed. Now the highlights are changing smoothly for small change of roughness.
[core] Fixes environment map brightness when seen through reflection
[C4D plugin] Post-process can be performed when render is paused
[C4D plugin] Fixed crash when shader is attached to shader slot
[C4D plugin] Few bugfixes for animation recording (however some objects like spheres need to undergo the command “Current state to object”). This part of renderer will be soon improved even further.

Enjoy rendering with CentiLeo and tell you opinion!

Kirgman
CentiLeo Chat: https://t.me/centileochat

Hi guys! How I can set the value of displacement? I have a bitmap input but I dont have a unit of scale(like c4d displacement), It can be done per material or only globally? sorry my poor english.

Dec 24, 2016 22:41
Rodrigo Bitencourt Rodrigues wrote:
Hi guys! How I can set the value of displacement? I have a bitmap input but I dont have a unit of scale(like c4d displacement), It can be done per material or only globally? sorry my poor english.
Hi Rodrigo! The measurement values shoult yet be implemented properly in our renderer.
Right now displacement is tuned inside cntlTexture which is attached to displacement slot of Multi Material. However, currently displacement mapping is still in progress. It has problems in animation, some times looses triangles and tesselates slowly (tesselation happens only in the first iteration of render). But it has potential to become a perfect solution even for vector displacements in the future.

Merry Christmas dear Kirgman !!!

Dec 31, 2016 11:33
play boy wrote:
Merry Christmas dear Kirgman !!!
Thanks a lot Playboy :) Wish you good holydays!

New small release 0.471 with a few bugfixes related to noise. Bump mapping become faster for polished reflections. I like it, and hope you like too.

Happy New Year from CentiLeo!

Kirill, dobroye utro! S nastupivchim Novim Godom! Skoro Leto :)) ! Spasibo za to, chto ponedelnik nachinaetsya v subbotu!

the CentiLeo is the magic!

Jan 3, 2017 12:58
play boy wrote:

Hi Play boy! Your pics are nicer and nicer and continuation is needed :)
It seems reflection highlights are ok now. The eyes are cool!

I remember about the promise to do "Illuminate shadow catcher" option. Will do it for sure.
Based on this pic we aslo need very much natural hair geometry render and corresponding shaders.

Right now we are working on multi-GPU - this is an essential part to go out of our current "toy" status.

Kirgman wrote:
play boy wrote:

Hi Play boy! Your pics are nicer and nicer and continuation is needed
It seems reflection highlights are ok now. The eyes are cool!

I remember about the promise to do "Illuminate shadow catcher" option. Will do it for sure.
Based on this pic we aslo need very much natural hair geometry render and corresponding shaders.

Right now we are working on multi-GPU - this is an essential part to go out of our current "toy" status.
great news! :D
hug~~

a little Q:
the hard light or overbright HDRI map will cause the white clay where should be transparent in the transmission channel,or i misunderstanded something.

and the "shadow catcher" need a very hard light to recive a clear shadow,but at the same time, it was illuminated and visible,or i misunderstanded something.

best bless~

Jan 7, 2017 08:28
play boy wrote:
the hard light or overbright HDRI map will cause the white clay where should be transparent in the transmission channel,or i misunderstanded something.
Hi Play boy! Very cool progress with pics! :) 8)
Seems there is some SSS there?

Need to see example to understand the problem. But in general if you make a coating reflection layer on top of transmission then there will be a highlight and it should be larger with larger roughness value.
play boy wrote:
and the "shadow catcher" need a very hard light to recive a clear shadow
Do you mean a light from HDRI or another light like area/omni/spot/directional? If you use "area/omni/spot/directional" to illuminate the shadow catcher plane then they deposit the light to it taking into account where the shadow catcher shader was attached: to diffuse or reflection e.g.
If you want to get a shadow on shadow catcher from HDRI then it is indirect GI contribution only, hence very soft.
Also need to see an example of the issue.

Btw, I am going to make a slider for each light source and EnvMap tag too: Brightness and color tint for shadow catcher - similar to the settings for reflections/base/transmission.

hi guys! sorry my delay!

Translucency can be a channel instead inside Diffuse?
Std material can be only with diffuse and an reflection coat on by default.
SSS channels can be grouped(splitted is not handy)
Translucency mix slider is not working
IPR status info can be off by default.
We need a bump intensity slider to positive and negative values(like cinema 4d standard material.
Our displacement need a scale input.
Our material can respect the material tag uv inputs? its very important.
c4d allow to use multiples uv tag per object
how Centileo manage that?
We need a compositing tag, a object buffer system and a material id output.
The displacement channel can be in the std material too?
We need a alpha channel to our material.(not like the multi material, we need one to hide some parts of the model.)
Edited: Rodrigo Bitencourt Rodrigues - Jan 21, 2017 10:02

Jan 22, 2017 10:32
Hi Rodrigo,

Very big thanks for your feedback! Not easy to do everything early. But step by step we will work on this.

Translucency can be a channel instead inside Diffuse?
So, you want to have Translucency in the separate Tab. Right? Do you think it needs the "Weight" like other channels?

Std material can be only with diffuse and an reflection coat on by default.
I aslo thought about it. Will probably swich off checkboxes of the layers "Reflection 2", "Transmission", "SSS" but make their respective Weighs = 1. When checkbox is enabled the weight is already there.
SSS channels can be grouped(splitted is not handy)
All in one Tab? Ok.
Translucency mix slider is not working
Will fix
IPR status info can be off by default.
At some point I will make this and other toggles of IPR to be saved with the scene file.
We need a bump intensity slider to positive and negative values(like cinema 4d standard material.
Ok, will extend the range of the main bump strength slider. However now it is possible to do it inside the bump texture in cntlBitmap when you play with out_rangeA and out_rangeB. E.g. when you make out_rangeA=1 and out_rangeB=0 the bump goes inverted. Similar effect happens when out_rangeA=0 and out_rangeB=-1. It's also possible to make it negative with cntlMath shader with mutliplication by -1
Our displacement need a scale input.
It has it actually. When you change the value of out_rangeB from 1 to 10 then displacement become higher 10x. When you make out_rangeB=-1 it goes under the surface and so on. When you change out_rangeA to the value other than 0 you can change the "sea level". It seems we need to make cntlDisplacement shader with respective naming convention.
Our material can respect the material tag uv inputs? its very important.
Right now material textures can use just the first UV tag of the mesh, the spherical and triplanar mappings.
c4d allow to use multiples uv tag per object
I hope to add support for more UV tag mesh projections next version. Right now I think about making 3 UV tag mappings per mesh selectable in material shaders. Max 3 mappings is usually seen in other engines. Maybe we will be able to do more than 3 UV tag mappings. How many are needed?
Also need to add support of TextureTag params too.
We need a compositing tag, a object buffer system and a material id output.
We plan to do it in a couple of versions. There are many possible ways to do it. Need to figure out the most convenient one and do it. What good example reference would you recommend?
The displacement channel can be in the std material too?
Maybe yes. In one of the few upcoming CentiLeo updates there should be version with displacement improvements (there are a lot do there). There is also a chance to move displacement settings to the Tag of the object (and Opacity which is found in Multi Material will also probably go to the Tag). There is aslo a chance the displacement will understand shader networks but don't promise yet.

We need a alpha channel to our material.(not like the multi material, we need one to hide some parts of the model.)
Ok, will make separate Alpha channel (limited with "specular ray depth" param of the render settings). Right now such things are implementable using Transmission channel with IOR=1 (but it will be limited to maximum ray depth in render settings) and it can be done with Opacity slot (see in cntlMultiMaterial) which has unlumited depth (but limited to only cntlBitmap input and discrete nature: the surface is either visible 100% or not).

Hope to see comments from other guys on the subject too, especially on the number of required selectable UV tags in material textures.

"Very big thanks for your feedback! Not easy to do everything early. But step by step we will work on this."
I know my friend! no worry about it! keep your hard work!

Yes,translucency in a separate tab and with weight will make our material much more flexible.

SSS in one tab is more handy because you can adjust 3 layers in a easy and fast way.

"We need a compositing tag, a object buffer system and a material id output."

We plan to do it in a couple of versions. There are many possible ways to do it. Need to figure out the most convenient one and do it. What good example reference would you recommend?

I love the Corona Renderer AOV management, is a state of art, its very handy! take a look!
and the C4D Compositing tag are a charm!

About alpha channel: is the same Geo Mask tab but in the std material. It is possible? Will be more handy that way.

Hope to see comments from other guys on the subject too, especially on the number of required selectable UV tags in material textures.
I rarelly use the maximum of 3 or 4 uv per object.
Cinema material tag assume the immediate uv tag at right side of the material tag.
maybe you can do a slot in the material to receive the uvw tag... its an idea.

PLUS: We need a emitter channel tab too
Edited: Rodrigo Bitencourt Rodrigues - Jan 22, 2017 17:52

Hello!,
Any updates on the next version with multi GPU support? Can't wait to try it.. No rush or anything, just an update on where its at.. I've read also about the hack attacks, hope they didn't delay much of the progress.. keep up the good work, and keep us updated!

Konstantinos

Feb 8, 2017 04:55
Konstantinos Despotis wrote:
Hello!,
Any updates on the next version with multi GPU support? Can't wait to try it.. No rush or anything, just an update on where its at.. I've read also about the hack attacks, hope they didn't delay much of the progress.. keep up the good work, and keep us updated!

Konstantinos
Hi Konstantinos,

That attacks don't delay anything. This is just an unpleasant thing that my friend is working to fix.

The work on multi-GPU is going well. It takes some time because we have quite large pipeline of parallel sub-programs inside the renderer.

There are also a few things that should be done in a renderer that 1) should fix not-loaded procedural objects for Picture Viewer, 2) and would like to hide and automate that 2x manual renderer acceleration trick (see http://centileo.com/forum/forum19/93-recomendation-to-increase-render-speed-and-reduce-lags) which is important for final renders and animation.

0.48 will be published when everything will be clarified with it. I think it may take at least 2 more weeks or something like that.

Maybe you have read that we made some GI acceleration (see http://centileo.com/forum/forum21/106-status-of-preparing-centileo-048-alpha)
And we also made support for up to 4 UV sets per mesh (in Cinema terms up to 4 UVW tags) that can be selected in any texture. After 0.48 will continue in this area to support more procedural texture mappings and transformations as TextureTag offers.

The goal is to make 0.48 closer to "production state" and then to continue implementing features requested by users. The path is very clear.

Been using GPU rendering with multiple cards for a while now, (C4D user) tried out both Biased and unbiased, with and without CPU included in the actual rendering process.
I think you guys are onto something after browsing for two days in the UI of the Renderer To say, if your multi GPU stands up in speed testing and a few other add-ons happen, no doubt I will purchase the commercial product you are aiming for.. might not even wait for the add-ons if the 'noise' of Octane doesn't pop its head up.
Not to say 'Fog' wouldn't be good, a base material library, distributed rendering ect ectera..
but the speed now is a plus for sure.

Feb 16, 2017 12:23
Hi Mike, welcome to our forum!

We are currently working on the multi-GPU and few other improvements for 0.48 such as better IPR, better look and better out-of-core.
This should be more interesting. However, many more things are planned for alpha version.

Please, don't hesitate to write what you want to see in the renderer! We listent to it. However right now the amount of accumulated requests is so large that we can't do them all immediatelly. But step by step these requested features will be performed. And of course we need to make the integration with C4D better, tighter and more native.

For example, I am desperately can't wait when will work on hair&fur and particles :) Because it is hard and very interesting. The other things are much easier.

Kirgman wrote:
Hi Mike, welcome to our forum!

We are currently working on the multi-GPU and few other improvements for 0.48 such as better IPR, better look and better out-of-core.
This should be more interesting. However, many more things are planned for alpha version.

Please, don't hesitate to write what you want to see in the renderer! We listent to it. However right now the amount of accumulated requests is so large that we can't do them all immediatelly. But step by step these requested features will be performed. And of course we need to make the integration with C4D better, tighter and more native.

For example, I am desperately can't wait when will work on hair&fur and particles Because it is hard and very interesting. The other things are much easier.
Thanks for the welcome. Might I ask, does the renderer have a 'emitter channel' yet... to give Texture emission- turning Objects into light sources with that material applied having said channel? Tying to get used to the UI, lol. After trying a dozen render packages slightly different I might be missing something on this subject.
Awesome what the package has for the bump channel, I never would have even thought of such application, very ingenious.

Feb 19, 2017 09:56
There is no yet implemented "emission channel"... Will try to implement it in one of the near future versions.
However, one small trick is possible if you apply cntlConst shader with large value to diffuse channel. This way it will reflect a lot more light.

In bump channel it is possible to combine black&white bumps and normal maps.
However there is some small drawback is that when you apply colorCorrect on top of bump shaders then you need to extend the range of "clampA and clampB" values to negatives. Our bump channel also needs a shader for procedural flakes.
Pages: 1 2 Next